Thursday 21 March 2013

Reviewing the NLP Trainers: Overdurf and Silverthorn

I always liked "Training Trances", "Beyond Words", and "Dreaming Realities" and was always intrigued about how Julie Silverthorn and John Overdurf would be on stage, because I had heard reviews that they come across unbearably sweet and cuddly.

Well, they did come across as the Ken and Barbie of the NLP world, but they were aware of it and made it fun to watch their interaction. This was probably the best team presentation I have ever witnessed, because they were amazing at switching between each other, thereby utilising quite an interesting level of nested loops.

The seminar was on coaching and it was fun. They are very good teachers, covered not only basics, but also quite advanced stuff and went from everyday applications to spiritual implications, which I really enjoyed.

Not sure if their work is so different that it warrants a new name: "Humanistic Neuro Linguistic Programming" but I guess differentiation is important.

Biggest negative about the course: it was a four day event and I really think it could and should have been a two day event.

Biggest personal shock: I met a lady on the course who charged (then) fifteen times my rate for a personal sessions, which really rattled my mindset about my self-worth, especially since I thought that she was utterly useless as a therapist or coach...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please refrain from spam messages or personal insults.